Summer Music Making Workshop for players of Bowed Instruments
Small-Group Improvisation for Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass
Masterclass or individual lessons a la carte
July 19-23 2021
10:30 am – 1:00pm EDT U.S.
Ages 8 through Adult
All levels of experience welcome
Tuition $225 (Individual Lessons à la carte)
Teacher Auditor Tuition $60: Teachers who send a student observe gratis
- Through time, uncovering different ways music has been made through history.
- Around the world, inquiring into the different kinds of beauty that make different parts of the world such great arenas for musicians to create.
Experiment with creative musical projects, drawing upon principles like
- Questions and answers, theme and variations, and other musical structures
- Blues, Gypsy music, Indian Raga, and Jazz
- Japanese scales, Medieval or 12-tone themes, and Free Improvisation
- Play over chord progressions in different styles, with professional musicians
- Through the creative process, making our own music together, music of our time and place.
- We’ll make as much music as we can!
~ Classes conducted over zoom, building skills and making new music, with breakout rooms organized to facilitate group collaboration according to playing level. ~
All ages, backgrounds and experience levels welcome!
Cellist, teacher, Creative Ability Development teacher trainer, and improviser.
Cellist, teacher, improviser, and ethnomusicologist.
Cellist, teacher, Creative Ability Developent teacher, improviser, and writer.
Violinist, teacher, yogi, gardener.
Sera, Jonathan, and Lisa are performing cellists who have roved the musical world with their cellos. Offering violin lessons is Lisa Cridge, teacher and performer extraordinaire.
Get In Touch
Register and Pay
Download and fill out the pdf. Scan it back to: email@example.com
Pay on Venmo, Paypal, or by check